2017 Summer Camps and WorkshopsRegistration for both programs is now open!
EXPLORE Tech: Robotics
Robotics is all about FUN and creativity! Through robots, we learn about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM!) in a hands-on and engaging way. This summer we are working with robots in a differentiated classroom that accommodates multiple levels and experience (Summer 2016 Campers: Welcome back!). Join us for a self-paced, fully supported adventure in Computational Thinking with Robotics!
- Option 1: June 5th - 9th, 2017
- Option 2: July 31st – August 4th, 2017
Separate sessions for girls and boys entering 6th - 9th grade in Fall 2017
- Session A: for girls (taught by Mines female CS students)
- Session B: for boys (taught by Mines male CS students)
- Design an interactive visual application that interfaces with a robot
- Learn visual programming environments
- Eat lunch in the Colorado School of Mines dining hall
- Enjoy all-session outdoor breaks and games
- Learn CS fundamentals through interactive games and activities
Create Tech: Summer workshops for girls entering 10th–12th grades
Participants choose one, two, or three weekends! Saturday/Sunday
- June 3/4 - Programming
- July 8/9 - Robotics
- August 5/6 - Web development
TIME: 9:00am-3:30pm Saturday AND Sunday
COST: $150/weekend or $400 for all three
- Project based learning and exploration
- Lunch in the Colorado School of Mines dining hall
- Mines CREATE Tech Certificate provided for any girl who completes all three workshops!
For a printable flyer (pdf) about our summer offerings, please click here.